AI and Search: Exploring the Impact
Joost de Valk is an entrepreneur and investor from the Netherlands who is best known for founding Yoast SEO (13 million+ users). Joost started out as a consultant and blogger in 2004 before developing Yoast, one of the most successful plug-ins for WordPress.
Tune in to this episode as we discuss the current landscape of search and AI, and the implications for both. Google and Bing have implemented new AI chatbots to create a more conversational technology for searches, but this also raises questions of trust and accuracy. Joost also speaks of large-scale AI models and their tendency to generate text without factual background.
- Episode S3E1: Timestamps, Society, and Mass Adoption of a Trusted Web with Scott Stornetta
- Episode S3E2: Digital Content Provenance with Andy Parsons
- Company: Deeploy – responsible AI
- Company: DocsBot AI
- Article (WSJ): Google CEO Sundar Pichai Says Search to Include Chat AI
- Article (The Guardian): ChatGPT is making up fake Guardian articles. Here’s how we’re responding
- Article: ChatGPT is the real deal – and it’s going to change the world
- Article (BBC): ChatGPT banned in Italy over privacy concerns
- Article: “A really big deal”—Dolly is a free, open source, ChatGPT-style AI model
- Joost de Valk’s website
- Joost de Valk’s Twitter
- Joost de Valk’s LinkedIn